Image data processing
Provide advice and support to researchers with signal processing and data mining (large data analysis
and integration, unsupervised/supervised learning, dimension reduction, statistics, deep learning
- Assist in transfer of knowledge between the teams of the CENTURI project
- Have a theoretical understanding of the algorithms used for data analysis; perform independent
literature search to keep abreast of appropriate methods and technologies.
- Organize and conduct courses on data analysis for the CENTURI community: PhD students, postdocs,
- Participate in the setup of an infrastructure for data sharing within the CENTURI project
- Participate in the development and maintenance the infrastructure of software sharing and code
transfer within the CENTURI project Image data processing will be at the core of the project. The successful candidate will be part of the data lab team of the CENTURI engineering platform. Your expertise will help shape the data sharing and analysis platform and you will be able to learn from, as well as share your knowledge within the CENTURI community.
- Funding project CENTURI (ANR).
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/EDUCATION & RESEARCH REQUIREMENTS
- You have a Master’s degree (at least) or a PhD (preferred) in data science (University, engineering school), Computer Sciences or in Physics/Engineering/Applied Physics, with a strong interest and experience in computational developments together with knowledge of image processing and analysis, statistical data modelling and analysis (including multimodal data), signal filtering. Experience in machine learning theory and practice would be a strong asset.
- You have a strong experience (at least 5 years with a Master’s degree, at least three years with a PhD) in research support or research in biological data analysis. Experience in a service facility is strongly advantageous. Teaching experience would be a plus.
- Experience in professional software engineering and development, as well as data analysis and data sharing strategies are beneficial. Ideally, the candidate will be familiar with common programming languages, including Python, C/C++, as well as proficient in a statistical analysis software, such as R or MatLab. In addition, the candidate will have experience with neural networks training and implementation (pytorch, tensorflow, ..).
- You will have strong team-playing abilities and be able to interact with researchers from many fields, including biology, physics, mathematics and computer science. A friendly, outgoing personality and excellent communication skills are required, as is the ability to work independently.
- The working language of CENTURI is English, but proficiency in French is beneficial.
What we offer
CENTURI offers a vibrant, highly interactive working environment with the ability to work with researchers and engineers from many disciplines.
CENTURI offers a two-year contract from Aix-Marseille University (renewable). The salary will be based on Aix- Marseille University’s salary scale, with a gross monthly salary between € 1,870 and € 3,500 (depending on profile and experience).
once the vacancy is filled
From May 2021
Aix-Marseille Université, Campus Luminy : 163 Av. de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
REQUESTED DOCUMENTS OF APPLICATION
- A CV, including a list of publications
- A cover letter, describing past experience with data analysis
- Two recommendation letters
CONTACT TO APPLY
Feel free to send your full application at the following address: