→ Apply before 11/02/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels Time)
→ Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
→ Department: BW25 - Biotechnologie
→ Occupancy rate: 100%
→ Number of positions: 1
→ Type of employment: Contract of unlimited duration with clause
→ Term of assignment: about 3.5 year
→ Wage scale: PD1 to PD4 (doctoral degree)
→ Required diploma: PhD
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
BioPort is a young and dynamic research group composed of 6 researchers at the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Centre for Synthetic Biology of Ghent University focussing on several aspects of Industrial Biotechnology and SynBio. We work on several fundamental and applied topics of microbial transport systems to promote compound membrane crossing, and production of hydrophobic compounds, all in a synthetic biology context (check our website at www.bioport.ugent.be and www.csb.ugent.be). You will be hired on the MOONSHOT project “Waste Oil to long-chain DiCarboxylic Acids (WODCA)” where you will take the lead in the strain development and coordinate the collaboration with Flemish partners who take care of substrate characterisation and pretreatment, the fermentation optimization and advanced downstream processing. Please find the abstract of the project below.
The overall goal of WODCA is to create new, sustainable, fair-cost long-chain dicarboxylic acid (LCDA) fractions or monomers from lipid waste relevant to specific industrial applications. For this we will use a novel and adapted non-pathogenic yeasts in an optimized fermentation process relying on used cooking oils, followed by an innovative membrane-based purification to deliver LCDAs of high purity appropriate for several applications of interest to Flemish companies.
At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
* We offer you a contract of indefinite duration with a maximum term of 3.5 years
* Your contract will start on March 1st 2022 the earliest.
* Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale PD1. Click here for more information about our salary scales.
* All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 36 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, a bicycle allowance and eco vouchers.. Click here for a complete overview of all the staffbenefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
* In the field ‘CV’: your CV including an overview of your study results, PhD topic and half-page abstract, possible other research topics, publication list, contact information of referee(s) and a recent picture of yourself (merged into one pdf file)
* In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format. Please address all eight points mentioned under the job profile in your motivation letter.
* In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
Non-eligible candidates or candidates ignoring the above requests will not get a reply.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Dr. ir. Inge Van Bogaert (Inge.VanBogaert@UGent.be). Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.
Do you have a question regarding the online application process? Please read our FAQ.
Last application date Feb 11, 2022 00:00Department WE11 - Department of BiologyContract Limited durationDegree Bachelor's and Master's degreesOccupancy rate 100%Vacancy type Research staffJob descriptionA fully-funded 4-year PhD position over the ...
Last application date Feb 28, 2022 00:00Department TW11 - Department of Materials, Textiles and Chemical EngineeringContract Limited durationOccupancy rate 100%Vacancy type Research staffJob descriptionApplications are invited for a postdoc positi...
Last application date Feb 28, 2022 00:00Department TW11 - Department of Materials, Textiles and Chemical EngineeringContract Limited durationOccupancy rate 100%Vacancy type Research staffJob descriptionApplications are invited for a PhD position i...
→ Apply until 18/02/2022 23:59 (Brussels time) → Discipline: Audit → 100% Assistant professor tenure track → Reference number: 202111/EB22/ZAP/032 ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITYGhent University is one of the most important education ...
→ Apply until 08/02/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences → Department GE39 - Department of Public Health and Primary Care → AAP temporary appointment - 50% → Number of openings...
Ghent University is one of the top 100 universities in the Dutch language area, with more than 44,000 students and 15,000 staff members.Käy työnantajan sivulla