The research of ESAT - ELECTA focuses on the transition of our energy system in which renewable energy and flexibility take centre stage. This research is part of the EnergyVille collaboration at Thor Park in Genk and additional research installations at the KU Leuven campus in Leuven and Ghent. EnergyVille is a collaboration between the Flemish research partners KU Leuven, VITO, imec and UHasselt in the field of sustainable energy and intelligent energy systems. Our researchers provide expertise to industry and public authorities on energy-efficient buildings and intelligent networks for a sustainable urban environment. This includes, for example, smart grids and advanced district heating and cooling. See http://www.energyville.be We are looking for an innovation manager to initiate, develop and support the valorization strategy in the domain of electrical conversion technologies, which are a key element in the on-going and future transition towards a sustainable energy system. The Innovation Manager will identify opportunities for bilateral projects and research platforms, technology transfer, and potentially spin-off companies, including the definition of licenses, patents or other forms of valorization, in coordination with KU Leuven Research and Development. The goal of Industrial Research Fund (lOF) at KU Leuven, is to accelerate the transfer of knowledge and innovations arising from strategic basic research to the market. A team of more than 40 experienced Innovation Managers, embedded within research groups throughout the University and University Hospital, achieve this goal primarily by establishing mutually beneficial, collaborative relationships with a broad range of external partners in industry, academia, as well as national and regional public-private organizations.
- You are identifying and pursuing funding opportunities with national and international industry and public funding agencies, and developing new research project proposals (consortium establishment, project content, project structure, proposal writing, budget planning, …) in the field of power electronics-based conversion architectures, including, but not limited to renewable energy systems based on photovoltaics (PV) and storage.
- You are (co-)managing ongoing research projects with a valorization focus (timely delivery, quality control, budget management, communication with partners, …) in this domain.
- You are supporting the valorization trajectory from research results towards industrial/societal reality. This could entail active involvement in writing and shaping patents and licenses or support spin-off creation, in consultation with the KU Leuven Technology Transfer Office.
- You are (co-)managing and developing the KU Leuven test infrastructure and pilot installations such as PV test roof and power electronics converter testing setups in Genk (EnergyVille buildings) and Ghent.
- You are assisting in guiding researchers towards the most suitable valorization trajectories.
- You are developing and monitoring the EnergyVille valorization roadmaps in the related domains.
- You are promoting the research and valorization program at conferences, networking meetings and on-site company visits, while further developing the online presence.
- You have a PhD degree or minimum 5 years of research experience in electrical energy engineering, preferably in a power electronics related topic;
- You have a high-level understanding of one or more topics related to Electrical Conversion Technologies for Sustainable Energy Systems;
- You have experience with R&D project and preferably R&D program management;
- You have experience with valorization trajectories of R&D results and/or business development;
- You are solution-driven, open-minded, proactive, and have an entrepreneurial mindset;
- You have strong communication skills, including international and intercultural, also in digital media;
- You are networked in the electrical energy industry or keen to develop such network;
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken; Having knowledge of Dutch is a positive element, but not required;
- You are willing to travel European and globally if needed and possible.
- An exciting and challenging job, focused on continuous innovation and development in a transdisciplinary and international context. We offer a permanent position as Innovation Manager of the Industrial Research Fund (IOF) at KU Leuven, a world famous university.
- The possibility to assist in promoting Flanders internationally as an active knowledge region and contribute to sustainable development.
- An attractive salary and extra-legal benefits.
For more information please contact Mr. Sammy Brié, tel.: +32 16 37 37 24, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof. dr. ir. Johan Driesen, tel.: +32 16 32 10 24, mail: email@example.com.
You can apply for this job no later than February 14, 2022 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
(ref. BAP-2021-404)One post-doctoral position and one PhD position are available in the Laboratory of Prof. Chris Ulens, KU Leuven, Belgium (http://www.xtal.be). The research in the Laboratory of Structural Neurobiology is aimed at understanding t...
(ref. ZAP-2021-109)In the Science, Engineering and Technology Group, Faculty of Architecture, Department of Architecture of the KU Leuven (Sint-Lucas Brussels and Ghent Campus) there is a parttime vacancy (70%) for senior academic staff (ZAP) avai...
(ref. BAP-2022-25)The work will be performed within the research division STADIUS (Prof. A. Bertrand) in collaboration with the division PSI (Prof. T. Tuytelaars), both at the Department of Electrical Engineering (ESAT) at KU Leuven, Europe’s most...
(ref. BAP-2022-26)The work will be performed within the research division PSI (Prof. T. Tuytelaars) in collaboration with the division STADIUS (Prof. A. Bertrand), both at the Department of Electrical Engineering (ESAT) at KU Leuven, Europe's most...
(ref. BAP-2021-883)At the Department of Computer Science of KU Leuven, the research unit NUMA works on numerical methods, algorithms and software for simulation and data analysis, with applications in many fields in science and engineering. The re...
KU Leuven is an autonomous university. It was founded in 1425. It was born of and has grown within the Catholic tradition.Käy työnantajan sivulla