Field of knowledge: Genetics
FAPESP process: 2014/27198-8
Project title: Establishment of a Center of Genetic and Molecular Research for Clinical Challenges
Working area: Molecular Biology
Number of places: 1
Principal investigator: João Bosco Pesquero
Unit/Institution: Universidade Federal de São Paulo
Deadline for submissions: 2019-05-30
Publishing date: 2019-04-17
Locale: Rua Pedro de Toledo, 669 - 9.º andar - Vila Clementino, São Paulo
E-mail for proposal submission: email@example.com
One post-doctoral fellowship position with scholarship from the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP) is available under the project “Establishment of a Center of Genetic and Molecular Research for Clinical Challenges” led by Professor João Bosco Pesquero. Research activity of the selected candidate will be carried out in the city of São Paulo, Brazil, at the Department of Biophysics, Federal University of Sao Paulo (UNIFESP).
The project involves the study of complete exomes in patients with steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome (NS) of unknown etiology and aims:
• to determine the epidemiology of NS in Brazil;
• to identify the frequency and profile of pathogenic variants in genes related to NS;
• its impact on the progression of chronic renal disease and renal transplantation when it is indicated, searching for genetic-clinical correlations in the management and treatment of these patients.
The following activities will be developed over 12 months:
• Selection of families with steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome patients of unknown etiology (samples);
• Sequencing the complete exome of previously selected samples;
• Analysis and interpretation of the sequencing for determination of possible candidate genes, as well as segregation test of variants raised in the exome;
• Proposition of functional study models in the selected genes.
The position is open for a researcher experienced in bioinformatics and molecular biology.
The candidate must have a recent PhD in Science in one of the following areas: Biology, Medicine or other area in Health Sciences. The candidate must have prior research experience and published work and previous experience with research involving bioinformatics.
The initial proposal is for 12 months and interested parties should send a message to the Principal Researcher of the project, Prof. João Bosco Pesquero (firstname.lastname@example.org). The candidates must send the curriculum vitae, a cover letter and a letter of recommendation.
The position is open to Brazilians and foreigners. Those selected will receive FAPESP Post-Doctoral Fellowship in the amount of BRL 7,373.10 monthly (approximately USD 1,900) plus Technical Reserve. The Technical Reserve of PD Grant is equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the scholarship and is intended to meet unforeseen expenses directly related to the research activity.Lue lisää
|Otsikko||Post-doctoral Fellowship in Molecular Biology|
|Employer||São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP)|
|Job location||R. Pio XI, 1500 - Alto da Lapa, CEP 05468-901 São Paulo/SP|
|Julkaistu||huhtikuuta 23, 2019|
|Viimeinen hakupäivä||toukokuuta 30, 2019|
|Tieteenalat||Kliiniset lääketieteet,   Bioinformatiikka,   Molekyylibiologia,   Genetiikka,   Epidemiologia,   Terveystiede  |