Vacancy Reference: 23656 / MEDE 026P / 2020 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
UCLouvain invites applications for a tenure track or tenured part time position in Clinical Ethics
UCLouvain is a comprehensive university offering, in the context of the present position, the opportunity of cross-disciplinary research and teaching collaborations. The position is attached to the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry and to the Institute of Health and Society that offer opportunities for diverse and stimulating teaching as well as an environment to carry out ambitious research. The UCL campus in Woluwe is dedicated to health sciences. It is built around faculties, research institutes and academic hospital. Both urban and green, the site is located next to the center of Brussels.
Description of the mission
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments in the field of Clinical Ethics, within the frame of the bachelor/master in medicine and of specialized medical masters. Amongst others, the ethical implications of the following medical and social challenges will be addressed:
The successful candidate will develop research programs in the field of Clinical Ethics, aiming at addressing questions raised by daily medical practice (vide supra).
Excellent level of expertise in Clinical Ethics, backed by good knowledge of the legal frame.
Good knowledge of the medical environment.
Application deadline: 15th November 2019
Starting date: 1st September, 2020
Prof. Françoise Smets, Dean MEDE – email@example.com
Prof. Dominique Vanpee, President IRSS – firstname.lastname@example.org
Localization: Medical Sector
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry (MEDE) (https://uclouvain.be/en/faculties/MEDE)
Institute of Health and Society (IRSS) (https://uclouvain.be/en/research-institutes/IRSS)
Tasks: the applicant will
- Be responsible for teaching courses at all study levels (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- Supervise the final diploma research (i.e. theses) of undergraduate and graduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- Be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- Contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
- Be available to carry out, in the long term, different service activities and responsibilities within the University and its entities;
- Contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Qualifications: the applicant must have
- A PhD degree in addressing a clinical ethics challenge or any comparable discipline;
- A significant scientific record with international publications;
- Either studied abroad for an extensive period or have had substantial experience outside his or her university of origin;
- Experience in and the aptitude for teaching at university level, demonstrated if possible by formal assessments;
- The capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings into teaching;
- Creativity and must be open to teaching innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- The capacities required to undertake high-level academic research: capacity to raise research funds, to supervise projects, to animate and lead a research team;
- Team management and communication skills, including if possible fluency in French and English, spoken and written. Otherwise, you will be asked to acquire them within two years after taking office, in order to be able to communicate and teach in these languages. Knowledge of other languages is an additional asset.
The level of recruitment (appointment to the rank of lecturer or professor) will be discussed if a proposal is made to you, in connection with your previous academic experience. For more information, see: jobs.uclouvain.be.
Our HR policy supports equal opportunities and diversity including in the academic career. Attention is also paid to reconciliation of private life and professional life.Lue lisää
|Otsikko||An academic position in Clinical Ethics (0,5 EFT)|
|Employer||Université catholique de Louvain|
|Job location||Place de l'Université 1, 1348 Louvain-La-Neuve|
|Julkaistu||lokakuuta 8, 2019|
|Viimeinen hakupäivä||marraskuuta 15, 2019|
|Tehtävätyypit||Professori,   Apulaisprofessori,   Tenure Track  |
|Tieteenalat||Etiikka,   Kliiniset lääketieteet,   Terveystiede,   Terveyspolitiikka,   Solu- ja kudosteknologia  |