The Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Switzerland, invites qualified candidates to apply for a postdoctoral position in Immunology/Oncology. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team focusing on major signaling pathways in cancer and inflammation.
Main targets are stress kinases vital for metabolic control and immune checkpoint modulation in cancer therapy. The candidate will also be involved in the development of new bioactive molecules, a process supported by our team of chemists.
The working place of the successful candidate is the Department of Biomedicine at Mattenstrasse 28, 4057 Basel.
Project examples in brief:
i) role of PI3Kgamma complexes in allergy, metabolic control, obesity, diabetes and cancer.
ii) highly specific targeting of PI3Kalfa using novel chemical probes and degraders in cancer and metabolism, and dissection of adverse effects.
The projects are funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (see links below for abstracts and more info) and the Swiss Cancer League.
We are looking for candidates with
- An excellent track record in immunology, oncology, biology, biochemistry and molecular biology
- Expertise in signal transduction in immunological/oncology processes
- A basic understanding of drug action and pharmacology
- Documented skills in animal experimentation
- Ability to deliver high quality research, data, and to publish in peer reviewed journals
- Ability to communicate and present effectively in spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary, international team
- Ability to initiate, plan, implement and reach milestones with tight deadlines
- Applicants with previous expertise in immunology and/or cancer immunology are especially encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate holds a PhD in immunology, biology, biochemistry and molecular biology, an MD Ph.D. in medicine or a related discipline. The position is funded for two - four years, and an initial one-year contract can be extended based on performance. The candidate is encouraged to acquire personal grants.
University of Basel is an equal opportunity employer. Salaries are according to the staff-regulations and depend on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.Application / Contact
We look forward to receiving your application with CV, motivation letter, diplomas and the names and addresses of 2-3 referees via the online application portal. Applications sent by Email will not be considered.
For project related issues, please send inquires to Prof. M. Wymann via email@example.com
. Mandatory: add subject line "BioPostDoc-2022".
Candidates will be evaluated on a "first-come, first-served basis", and the recruitment process will be terminated as soon the ideal candidate is identified.