The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to make an appointment within its Research Support Department for the following position:
Experienced Research Administrator (m/f)
- Ref: I1-080001A / AC-110013
- Fixed term contract (12 months)
- Starting date: as soon as possible
The incumbent is supposed to provide administrative support for the entity in order to provide outstanding grant management support (National and International) and support quality assurance processes in an effective and efficient manner. The incumbent is expected to accomplish and perform administrative organisational tasks as well as to process the correct, timely documentation of files, data and research information.
- Assist the Head of the Research Support Department with all aspects of the grant management procedures; be responsible for pre- and post-award administrative aspects.
- This includes the preparation and verification of budgets during the proposal, grant submission and grant preparation stages as well as project controlling and preparation of financial reporting during project implementation.
- Responisble for the implemenation and improvement of good grant administration processes and procedures.
- Ensure that grants are pre-reviewed,submitted and followed-up after after submission.
- Establish and update coherent central procedures for smooth functioning of business processes
- Contribute to internal cooperation and communication between Research Support Department and other research entities, projects and central services.
- University degree preferably in management studies or equivalent professional experience in an area relevant to research management
- Experience of grant administration in a science-/research-based environment
- Experience with national and international funding mechanisms, rules and requirements.
- Required experience in a similar academic environment or evaluation agency
- Proven experience in research and project management tools and techniques as well as internet technologies
- Good command of IT tools for data retrieval and data processing
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- High degree of flexibility and ability to prioritise workload, keep deadlines, be able to work on different tasks in parallel
- Very good communication, organizational and problem solving skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of English and fluent in French and / or German.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be handled in strict confidence.
Please apply online by 30 May 2019