- Robert-Bosch-Straße 200, 31139 Hildesheim, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Vehicle-to-vehicle communication as well as communication with road infrastructure components is an important technology for automated driving. While the communication mechanisms have already been standardized with C-V2X in 3GPP, positioning methods based on this are an interesting research topic.
- In this PhD thesis you are researching on new concepts for vehicle positioning based on 5G and 6G sidelink communication
- You realize algorithms for positioning, for example based on channel state information
- You develop appropriate simulations and/or prototype implementations to investigate the feasibility of your ideas
- You coordinate your results with colleagues and contribute them to the standardization process
- Furthermore, you cooperate with your supervising professor, publish scientific articles, attend scientific conferences, and prepare a doctoral thesis
- Education: excellent Master degree in electrical engineering, computer science, physics or mathematics
- Qualification: strong background in communication systems including waveforms, channel estimation and synchronisation as well as radio based localization and signal processing
- Experience and Knowledge: practical skills in simulation, structured software development and preferably Software-Defined Radio implementations
- Personality: self-motivated and enjoyment of working in a team, high level of commitment and initiative as well as a competent and obliging appearance
- Languages: fluent in English and knowledge of German is a plus
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae and certificates).
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Personalabteilung)
+49 (711) 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Frank Hofmann (Fachabteilung)
+49 (5121) 49 5392